If you’ve been thinking about applying to the American Craft Exposition (ACE), now is the time to do so! The Show is among the most popular in the country, welcoming over 8,500 through its doors last year! ACE 2016 will be held once again at the world-renowned Chicago Botanic Garden during the weekend of September 23 – 25, 2016, with the Benefit Preview Party on Thursday, September 22nd.
There are many reasons for artists to apply to ACE, but we thought it might be best to share our “Top 10” list to help you make the decision and start the process. We look forward to welcoming you to ACE 2016!
1. ACE is among the country’s most prestigious of juried art shows, featuring the work of approximately 140 of the nation’s most creative and innovative artists annually. You could be among them!
2. If you’re a new artist, there’s a place for you! ACE encourages the participation of craftsmen who are just beginning in their careers. An “Emerging Artist” category is available for those artists who have been practicing their craft for six years or less.
3. ACE will be held at the magnificent Chicago Botanic Garden on Chicago’s vibrant North Shore. The grounds are spectacular and are sure to provide the perfect canvas for your art. The Garden has more than one million visitors annually, so be prepared for a busy ACE weekend.
4. ACE is truly unique in that it’s a fundraiser. All proceeds from ticket sales support leading-edge pharmacogenomics research. Funds raised will allow researchers to analyze and predict how patients react to medications based on genetic variants. This information can be used to customize medical treatments, ensuring that patients receive the right drug in the right dose the first time. Your participation as an exhibitor will help support this important cause.
5. ACE’s audience is highly educated and truly appreciates fine craftsmanship. They are interested in the artists, they ask questions about the creative process, and they are often looking for the perfect new piece to accessorize their walls, halls or themselves!
6. As an exhibitor, you will have an opportunity to mix and mingle with the country’s elite artists and art enthusiasts. People travel from all over the Midwest (and the country) to attend ACE, knowing that it is one of the best shows of its kind. This year, they could be seeing you!
7. ACE comes to life each year because of an extraordinary team of volunteers who are committed to excellence and do everything possible to ensure that each and every artist’s experience is first rate.
8. Our Benefit Preview Party on Thursday, September 22nd, features fabulous food and cocktails. Attendees look forward to this event year after year. You will not want to miss this chance to showcase your work to hundreds of area art aficionado’s and VIP’s.
9. Our fall date sets us apart from many of the outdoor art fairs and festivals held throughout the summer – with the leaves changing colors at the Chicago Botanic Garden it’s a sight to see!
10. There’s so much to do on Chicago’s North Shore! You may want to consider coming into town a day or two earlier or stay on the back end to make time to enjoy the area’s 5-star restaurants, fabulous shopping, and special attractions.
To learn more about the application process, and apply today – CLICK HERE!