NORTHSHORE UNIVERSITY HEALTHSYSTEM
2019 AMERICAN CRAFT EXPOSITION SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Thank you for supporting NorthShore University HealthSystem’s (NorthShore) American Craft Exposition’s (ACE) Facebook Sweepstakes (the “Campaign”). Your submission helps the Auxiliary of NorthShore raise awareness for ACE and its funding goal of increasing access to mental health services at NorthShore. You agree that your submission to this Campaign follows these terms and conditions:
- Eligibility. In order to participate in the Campaign eligible entrants must be 18 years of age or older, located in the State of Illinois, and have a valid Facebook account (“Participant” or “You”). Void elsewhere and where prohibited by law. NorthShore reserves the right to determine whether any local laws, regulations other rules permit the awarding of the prize under these rules without what NorthShore in its sole discretion believes to be a detrimental effect upon the organization. Based on NorthShore’s determination of this effect, it may deny making an award to such potential winner without notice and thereafter award the prize in question to another eligible person selected through random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
- Sponsor. NorthShore University HealthSystem, with its corporate headquarters at 1301 Central St., Evanston, Illinois 60201 (“Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules. Participation in the Campaign constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to these official rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein in a timely manner.
- Entry Periods.The Campaign has four Entry Periods (all times refer to local Central Time):
- beginning on Monday, August 5, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. and ending on Thursday, August 8, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.;
- beginning on Monday, August 12, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. and ending on Thursday, August 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m 8 29, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- beginning on Monday, August 19, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. and ending on Thursday, August 22, 2019 at 11:59 p.m
- beginning on Monday, August 26, 2019 at 12:01 a.m. and ending on Thursday, August 29, 2019 at 11:59 p.m
- Entry. To enter, during the entry period, visit www.facebook.com/ACECraftExpo and log-in or create an account and then, (A) Follow the instructions on the specified social media sweepstakes entry post; (B) Comment with your answer; and (C) Use the hashtag #ACEShowSweepstakes with privacy settings set to “public” (herein referred to as your “Social Post Entry”).
By completing these actions you automatically will receive one (1) entry into the drawing for each Entry Period in which you post. Limit one Social Post Entry per Entry Period (four entry posts total) per Participant. Multiple entries by the same Participant using one or more social media accounts shall result in disqualification. Once submitted, an entry cannot be deleted, canceled or modified. Entries without #ACEShowSweepstakes or marked as private shall result in disqualification. Any entries attempted through the use of agencies or robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar methods will be void. Entries will not be acknowledged.
Participant’s submission must be original and created by participant and cannot contain content owned or copyrighted by any third party. Participant’s submission must be consistent with NorthShore’s goodwill and brand image (e.g. no profanity, obscene, discriminatory, libelous, false, sexual or unlawful content) as well as the positive theme of the campaign. NorthShore will review your submission for compliance with the rules. NorthShore is under no obligation to keep, post, or use any submission.
You retain ownership of your submission, but give NorthShore, and those authorized by NorthShore, your perpetual permission to disseminate, modify and use your submission, in whole or in part, in all media known or later developed. This permission includes use in communication channels – website, social media, print and online publications – publicity and promotions, and fundraising, without additional notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
By making a submission, you waive any privacy expectations you may have with regard to any content, identifiable information, or other detail you include in your submission.
This campaign is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Facebook is completely released from each entrant or participant in this campaign. In addition, all entrants are providing information to ACE and not to Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the campaign will not be directed to Facebook, but to email@example.com.
- Drawing. Entries received during each Entry Period will be placed in a pool for random drawing prize selection for that Entry Period. Winners will be selected in random drawings, at or around the end of each Entry period, by NorthShore’s designated representative, whose decisions are final.Potential Winners will receive a direct message at the Facebook.com account used to participate in the Sweepstakes within ten (10) days after their name has been selected; confirming that Participant was determined to be a winner and requesting the individual’s full name, email address and mailing address. This message will come from the ACE Facebook.com account. Winner must respond to ACE’s winner notification within seven (7) days of notification or prize will be forfeited. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within seven (7) hours of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. NorthShore, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question will be withdrawn and not awarded. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Once Sponsor has determined that a Participant is fully eligible to win the Campaign, Participant will be deemed a winner. Four (4) winner(s) will each receive a prize of: Four (4) General Admission Show tickets to ACE. All prize specifications to be determined at Sponsor’s sole discretion without guarantees. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is up to $80 value. If the actual value is less than the stated ARV, difference in prize value will not be awarded. Additional terms and conditions may apply. Any prize details that are not specified above will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. Winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not liable for any travel, parking or other costs or ancillary expenses associated with prize use. All Prizes are a one-time offer and in no way entitles recipient to future ACE event access or any other entitlement. The value of the prize may be subject to tax.
- General Conditions. In the event that the operation, security or administration of the Campaign is impaired in any way for any reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, suspend, modify and/or cancel the Campaign. If Sponsor terminates the Campaign, Sponsor may choose prize winners in a random drawing from among eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination and will provide notice of its action on the Campaign website. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the operation of the Campaign or to be acting in violation of these official rules or in a disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these official rules, sponsor may consider, in its sole discretion, data reasonably available to sponsor through information technology systems in Sponsor’s control, but Sponsor will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these official rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online-service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Campaign. If any provision of these official rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
- Release and Limitation of Liability. By participating in the Campaign, Participant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and all prize providers from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Campaign or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Campaign; (b) technical or printing errors; (c) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable mail or email; (d) errors in the administration of the Campaign or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in the Campaign or receipt or use of any prize. Participant further agrees that in any cause of action, the released parties’ liability will be limited to thecost associated with entering and participating in the Campaign, and in no event shall the released parties be liable for reasonable attorneys’
- Disputes. Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of the Campaign or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Illinois, U.S.A.. All issues and questions concerning these official rules, Participant’s rights and obligations, or Sponsor’s rights and obligations shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Some jurisdictions do not allow for limitations on the ability to pursue class action remedies, and so these limitations may not apply.
- Winners List. For the results, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to NorthShore University HealthSystem, Corporate Communications, 1301 Central St., Evanston, Illinois 60201 Attn: Winners List Request: 2019 AMERICAN CRAFT EXPOSITION SWEEPSTAKES. Winner Lists will be sent as soon as administratively feasible after the Prizes have been awarded. Requests for Winner List must be received by September 6, 2019.